Our lawyers constantly deal with a number of complex M&A and asset purchase transactions (including the most significant privatization in Hungary, the sale of Budapest Airport with a transaction value of more than EUR 1.6 billion), corporate, business structure and distressed debt acquisitions, cross-border transactions, competition law proceedings, transactions in multiple countries and post-closure disputes, and related due diligence. The firm’s lawyers have so far represented their clients in transactions totalling more than € 9 billion in transaction value. We have special experience in long-term (50+ years) contracts, we have represented our clients in several special and high-value contracts.
Our firm successfully utilizes its experience gained in large and complex international, cross-border transactions, in connection with small and medium-sized transactions.
- M&A transactions
- Asset sale and purchases
- Due diligence
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Long-term (50+ years) legal relationship
Our firm has extensive experience in the field of commercial law and regularly advises on high-value and complex contracts and issues covering almost all areas of commercial life. We deal with commercial contracts containing several different jurisdictional elements on a daily basis while representing our clients.
We have special experience in long-term (50+ years) contracts; we have represented our clients during entering into such complex and high-value contracts.
- International trade agreements
- Long-term (50+ years) contracts
- Green and brown field investments
- International sales
- Application of international commercial standards and terms
In the field of aviation law, our office has unique experience in the country. István Lánchidi, the founder of the firm, acted as the lead lawyer on the sale side during the privatization of Budapest Airport in 2005, which was a highly successful, complex, textbook transaction (transaction value more than 1.6 billion euros). Since then, our office has regularly represents players active in the field of aviation law, such as airlines, airport operators, investors and stakeholders in aviation law.
- Aviation regulatory issues
- Financing and sale of aircraft
- Helicopters, drones
- Airport operating contracts
Our firm provides legal support to its clients throughout the life cycle of companies. From the establishment of new companies, through the raising of capital, search for investors or equity, through issues arising during operation, we also provide legal support to our clients in connection with liquidation or liquidation. We have represented our clients in the negotiation of a number of joint venture projects and shareholder agreements, ensuring that our clients obtain as optimal contractual position possible.
Our office also provides legal support for start-ups on a pro-bono basis.
- Company formation, sale of companies, liquidation of companies
- M&A, private equity transactions
- Share creation
- Joint venture projects
- Shareholder agreements
- Domestic and international transformations (mergers, reverse mergers)
- Litigation and other proceedings against legal persons (exclusion, review of decisions, court proceedings)
Real estate law
Our firm provides comprehensive legal services to its clients in connection with the sale, financing, use, development and operation of real estate. Our firm is available to our clients in the implementation of their goals in both residential and commercial real estate projects. Our team works on significant transactions in all areas of the real estate sector, therefore we have complex experience in the implementation of logistics, industrial, residential, office and commercial real estate transactions. We have acted on a number of high value commercial real estate sales, both on the seller’s and buyer’s side.
- Sale and purchase of industrial and residential real estate
- Real estate management consultancy
- Joint ownership contracts, lawsuits
- Advice on tenancy, drafting of lease contracts
- Land development, services, land use agreements
- Due diligence
Foundations, social organizations
Our office has decades of experience in establishing and operating foundations and associations. Our office has unique experience from the supervisory point of view, following the entry into force of the new Civil Code of 2013. We act regularly in matters related to social organizations and foundations.
- Foundations, associations
- Establishment, modification, structuring
- Operation consultancy
- Carrying out general meetings and facilitating founder's decisions
- Unique perspective: supervisory and regulatory experience
Our office has been providing legal advice on arable land and agricultural projects for many years. We also have significant experience in concluding leases, raising rents and terminating leases, including litigation. In the course of investments related to agriculture, we have considerable experience in the management of state subsidies and in connection with projects funded with subsidies.
- Legal advice relating to agricultural land
- Sale and purchase of agricultural land
- Concluding and terminating agricultural lease agreements
- Advice on public tenders
- Implementation of investments and developments
- Structuring and documenting loan schemes related to agricultural land
Estate planning, wills an testaments
Our firm provides advice on wills and inheritance law. We provide legal representation in probate and inheritance litigation.
- Wills and testaments
- Estate planning
Our litigation attorneys have extensive experience in debt collection and out-of-court settlement. We have successfully represented our clients in a number of significant and complex litigation, including cross-border, international litigation.
- Enforcement and recovery of claims
- Out-of-court enforcement
- Cross - border disputes
- Mediation procedures
- Winding up, liquidation proceedings
Frankel Leó út 2-4. 4. em. 38.
+36 1 797 85 10
This website is maintained by the Lánchidi and Partners Law Firm, registered with the Budapest Bar Association, in accordance with the laws and internal regulations applicable to lawyers and law firms, which can be found on the website of the Hungarian Bar Association (https://magyarugyvedikamara.hu) together with information on client rights. The website of the Budapest Bar Association is available at the following link: http://www.bpugyvedikamara.hu